Saturday, February 25, 2012

Accents

Hello all! I'm glad to see you've all been enjoying the blog--the variety of things you've shared is so interesting! I would only suggest that when you post a link, you write 2-3 sentences explaining what it is and why you like it so that people can decide if they want to click on it or not. Also, I encourage you to add a small picture to illustrate or add to whatever you're posting.

In the case of videos, (and feel no pressure to do this if you're not technologically inclined), know that you have the option to "embed" videos, which means that people can see them directly on the blog, rather than opening them in another tab or window. To do this, you just copy the text next to the video (often where it says "embed" or "share") and paste it into the "Edit HTML" tab when you're writing the post. The only time you might not want to do this is if you're posting several videos at once.

It looks great, keep it up!

Here's a fun video of one guy doing a lot of different accents in English--can you hear the differences? Do you recognize any?



P.S. I don't think his Boston accent is that good. If you're curious to hear one, check out this clip from Good Will Hunting (my favorite Boston movie ever).

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Stephanie for your indications! I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video about accents is very good! Another video about "lo difícil que es hablar el español": http://youtu.be/Xyp7xt-ygy0
    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that today and actually considered posting it here! I thought it was very funny and interesting, although I had to read the lyrics to attempt to understand it all. I sent it straight away to a friend who's a Spanish teacher and my sociolinguistics professor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is another very famous link about english accents.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k

    I can recognize accents (not every but ok). Anyway, I don't see the point on imitating and trying to moking on others cultures..for example talking about korean hair, or the poor rednecks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mid-West accent is the most pleasant! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete